Sunday 25 February 2007

into the glass

My church Fellowship Group have courageously chosen to pilot a project I've been working at on and off over the last 6 months ~ making some group material for Lent.

The project was triggered by the radiant photograph Looking through a glass brightly posted by Ochileer on his Flickr pages last summer; an image which I (along with about 900 other people around the world) found captivating.

For me it led to reflection on various aspects of Christian spirituality and faith. Questions about how you see the world; how you regard creation; where your horizons are; how you respond to faith symbols; how you respond to the idea of new life in the way that Christ offers; and how you live joyfully. Even though the photographer has explained that he doesn't share my faith, he has very graciously allowed me to work with his image. I'm so grateful.

So, after a long gestation period, I finally got to the point in January of drawing it all together in a pack which I've just completed. We start on Tuesday. I wonder how it will go over the weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gill, I'd love to hear more about this. How did it go?